- Neapolis University Scholarships for BSc in Civil Engineering for International Students, 2019
- 5 Marie Curie PhD Fellowships in Strategic Management in Netherlands, 2019
- University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarship for International Students, 2019
- DAAD-GSSP Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2018
- Master Scholarships in Cultural Sustainability at University of Maiduguri in Nigeria, 2018
- Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship in Australia, 2018
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2018-19
- ADA Early Summer School PhD Scholarships (EDP) in South Africa, 2019
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships for UK/EU Students in UK, 2019
- Fully Funded Faraday Institution PhD Research Studentship at Newcastle University, 2019
10 Fully Funded ICTP PhD Scholarships for Students of Developing Countries in Italy, 2018
Up 10 fully funded PhD Scholarships are now available on offer for students from developing countries starting in November 2018. This is an interdisciplinary doctoral programme offered in collaboration between ICTP, the University of Trieste and Italy’s National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics.
For more than 50 years, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.
In the field of earth sciences, the main objective is the transfer of knowledge on advanced methods of investigation with applications to the study of composition, structure, stratigraphy and evolution of our planet, from the close surface to the deep structures and the characteristics at a global scale.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to pursue programme in Earth Science, Fluid Dynamics and Mathematics.
The scholarship amounts to 18.884,62 EUR per year and last for three years. The scholarship is increased by 50% for periods abroad up to one year.
Scholarships are available to students from developing countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- This year, there are 10 fully funded three-year scholarships to support attendance.
- Scholarshipcan be taken in Italy.
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- An Italian degree known as “Laurea specialistica/magistrale” or a degree awarded under the former university system (i.e. prior to D.M. no. 509 of 3rd November 1999, as amended by D.M. no. 270 of 22nd October 2004) – to be achieved within 31st October 2018;
- A foreign academic qualification comparable by duration, level and academic field to the required Italian degree – unless recognized as fully equivalent to the Italian degree by an authorized Italian Higher Education Institution – and achieved within 1st October 2018 (see art. 3.1). The qualification must allow access to Doctoral studies in the issuing country.
Some Doctoral Programmes may require specific academic qualifications. Please refer to the relevant “Admission” sheet for more information. Candidates holding a Doctoral degree cannot be admitted to the same PhD Programme.
English Language Requirements:
The Program is in English and PhD students are required to know English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
The application process is online only. Candidates therefore need to upload the required documents.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
June 14, 2018.