Scholarships: Applications are open for two fully-funded –Calleva Graduate Scholarships funded by the University of Oxford and the Calleva Research Centre at Magdalen College, Oxford. These scholarships are available for the applicants from all over the world.
These scholarships provide scope to pursue research in a variety of topics linked to cooperation, inter-group relations, cultural transmission (in both adults and children), and social networks (both real-world and online), including opportunities to conduct fieldwork in Italy
Host College/University: The Calleva Research Centre was established within the College in October 2010 as a result of a generous donation from an Old Member.
Degree level: These scholarships are available to pursue doctoral programme.
Field of Study: One scholarship (DPhil Anthropology) will be based at the Institute of Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology; the other (DPhil Experimental Psychology) will be based in the Department of Experimental Psychology.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will cover tuition fees (UK/EU rate) and an annual tax-free stipend (2017/2018 rate:£14,553), for up to 4 years full-time.
Nationalities: International students are eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship can be taken in UK and Italy.
- Training in anthropology, biology, psychology, economics, or related subjects,
- An excellent academic record,
- Strong quantitative/computational skills, and excellent
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team. Desirable skills include
- Familiarity with experimental approaches in anthropology, psychology, or economics,
- Knowledge of Italian, but these skills are not required.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
Applying procedure Instructions: Apply via email.
- A letter of application outlining your interest in the project and in the research topics, any previous
- Research experience and your suitability for either of the scholarships;
- A brief curriculum vitae;
- A sample of your written work.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: Applications are due on January 19, 2018, for the DPhil Anthropology and on January 8, 2018, for the DPhil Experimental Psychology.