Applications are invited for 2 Ph.D. Scholarships – GRS-Cluster »Cognitive Dependable Cyber Physical Systems« (CD-CPS) at Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU) in Germany. Outstanding candidates may apply for a scholarship of up to 36 months to conduct their research in a structured and innovative doctoral programme.
Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU) Cottbus-Senftenberg has a research-oriented vision, and its profile encompasses fundamental as well as applied research areas. Against this backdrop BTU established a Graduate Research School (GRS), which provides an ideal environment for all young researchers. This strategy of positioning the research profile contains specific services as well as funding opportunities that support the furthering of BTU‘s core research areas.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
- List of possible PhD Topics
- Safety and Energy Aware Scheduling of Connected Multisensor Platforms for Industrial Process Automation Environments (Prof. Hübner, Prof. Cunningham)
- Run-time Processor Adaptation using On-Chip Sensor data fusion and Machine Learning for Cyberphysical Systems (Prof. Hübner, Prof. Nolte)
- Automatic Formal Subtext Analysis: Detection of Narrative Events (Prof. Hofstedt, Prof. Schmitt, Prof. Petersen)
- Automatic Formal Subtext Analysis: Development of a Declarative and Operational Semantics. (Prof. Hofstedt, Prof. Schmitt, Prof. Petersen)
- Methodologic Explication of Complex Text Understanding. (Prof. Hofstedt, Prof. Schmitt, Prof. Petersen)
- Quantum Mechanical Modeling of Cognitive Agents. (Prof. Wolff, Prof. Schmitt)
- Quantum Modal Logic for Formal Subtext Analysis. (Prof. Petersen, Prof. Wolff, Prof. Schmitt)
- Think Engine: Development of a Cognitive Behavior Controller Based on an Algebra on Feature-Value Relations (Prof. Wolff, Prof. Hentschel)
- Verteile/Parallele Lösung großern Constraint-Optmierungs-Probleme, Induktives Lernen von Verteilungen (Prof. Hofstedt, Prof. Schmitt)
- Automatische Generierung ausführbarer Simulationsmodelle aus unvollständigen CPS-Modellen (Prof. Hofstedt, Prof. Helke, Prof. Langendörfer)
- Development of a Virtual Reality System with an Intuitive Human-Machine Interface. (Prof. Hentschel, Prof. Wolff)
- Quantum-Based Modelling and Querying (Prof. Schmitt, Prof. Wolff)
- Spatial and temporal elements of non-verbal, multimodal, facial communication (Prof. Cunningham, Prof. Wolff)
- Multiscale, dynamic information for object detection and recognition: Beyond Optic Flow (Prof. Breuß, Prof. Cunningham)
- Digital Personalities: Giving virtual and/or robotic agents the ability to communicate socio-emotional information. (Prof. Cunningham, Prof. Schneider)
- ProbSQL: Efficient Computation of ProbLog Programs based on Relational Databases and Constraints (Prof. Schmitt, Prof. Hofstedt)
- Erfassung von Fehlerzuständen in eingebetteten Systemen durch hocheffiziente und kompakte Datenbanktechnologien. (Prof. Schmitt, Prof. Vierhaus)
- Cognitive capabilities for digital hardware monitoring aging and wear- out effects. (Prof. Cunningham, Prof. Vierhaus)
- Cognitive capabilities for detecting system abuse and security leaks. (Prof. Langendörfer, Prof. Nolte, Prof. Cunningham)
- Integration of cognitive features into innovative µContollers for wireless sensor networks. (Prof. Langendörfer, Prof. Cunningham, Prof. Vierhaus)
- Design Methodology for side channel resistant implementations of cryptographic operations. ( Prof. Langendörfer, Prof. Vierhaus)
- Cognitive features as a means for information compression in wireless sensor networks. (Prof. Langendörfer, Prof. Cunningham, Prof. Nolte)
- Innovative Objekt- und Gestenerkennung. (Prof. Hentschel, Prof.Wolff)
The amount of the scholarship is 1,200 euros per month.
- Scholarships are available for international students.
- Two scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
Applicants should have successfully completed a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Informatics, Cognitive Science or a related field. Although the language of the working environment and the dissertation is usually German, English is also possible with the consent of the advisor. In addition to the usual application materials (letter of application, CV or résumé, copies of academic degrees), all applicants should send a letter of motivation and a research proposal. The research proposal should be no more than five pages, be based on one of the proposed Ph.D. topics listed on the Cluster’s GRS website, and describe experience or work in the area.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Please note that the cluster only accepts complete applications. The application deadline is October 15, 2018. For further information or to submit your application (preferably via email as one PDF), please contact: Prof. Dr. Douglas W. Cunningham BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg Tel.: +49 (0) 355 69 3816 Email: douglas.cunningham-at-b-tu.de.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
October 15, 2018.