The U.S. Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria is now accepting applications for the 2019 Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Summer Institute for young Americans and Europeans. Fellowship is available for Bulgarian nationals.
The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship is an intensive short-term exchange program, created to foster relationships among young Europeans and Americans to build strong linkages and awareness of shared values
This is a four weeks summer programme.
Field of Study:
The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship is an intensive short-term exchange program, created to foster relationships among young Europeans and Americans to build strong linkages and awareness of shared values.
All costs of the participants will be covered.
- Fellowship is available for Bulgarian nationals.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA.
Candidates for this Fellowship will:
– be Bulgarian nationals
– be born between June 22, 2000, and June 22, 2003 (i.e., be 16, 17, or 18 years of age at the time of the program start);
– be Bulgarian nationals
– be highly proficient in English, as demonstrated in a personal interview or the results of a standardized test;
– be committed to enrolling in high school or university in their home country in fall 2019, following completion of the Institute;
– demonstrate strong leadership potential and interest in transatlantic relations and diplomacy;
– indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
– demonstrate a high level of academic achievement;
– demonstrate a commitment to community and extracurricular activities;
– have had little or no prior U.S. study or travel experience in the United States;
– be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive;
– be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive summer program, community service, and active educational travel program;
– be comfortable with campus life, shared living accommodations, travel and interaction with a multinational, co-ed group of participants from across Europe and the United States;
– be comfortable with engaging various Americans in the broader community; an
– be able to adjust to cultural and social practices different from those of their home countries.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must be highly proficient in English, as demonstrated in a personal interview or the results of a standardized test.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: In order to apply, please submit the completed Application Form and the Essay by January 15, 2019 via e-mail to: SofiaEducationPrograms-at-state.gov.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 15, 2019.