The University of Trento is inviting applications for its 34th cycle First Call of Doctoral Scholarships within the School of Information and Communication Technology. These positions are available to Italian and Foreign students.
The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded in Information and Communication Technology.
The annual net amount of the scholarship is € 14.400,00. The annual gross amount of the doctoral scholarship is € 16.290,00 (the scholarship net amount may change, depending on the country of residence and on country-specific taxation agreements.)
The majority of the PhD positions are covered by scholarships.
Students who have been awarded a PhD scholarship are entitled to get a 50% increase in their scholarship when staying abroad for reasons related to their doctoral research and studies.
Each student is provided with a budget which can be used for educational and research purposes.
First-year students have the priority of getting accommodation at student residences.
These positions are available to Italian and Foreign students.
- Number of positions available in this first call.
- Scholarship can be taken in the University of Trento Italy.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applications for doctoral positions are accepted from applicants, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold:
- an Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
- an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “specialistica”, AFAM), or
- an equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue (except for substantial differences) and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present PhD Programme2 .
- Applications are also accepted from students expecting to obtain the necessary degree by October 31, 2018. Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful applicants who have not yet graduated will be “conditional” and the applicant will have to submit to the Doctorate Office S&T by November 6, 2018, on penalty of exclusion, awarding certificate or a self-declaration (by using Annex A).
- Applicants with a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognised as equivalent3 to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/Vecchio ordinamento) will be considered as requesting equivalence in their application, attaching the necessary supporting documents. The eligibility of foreign academic degrees is assessed by the Admissions Committee, following the rules in force or the international treaties on recognition of academic qualifications. The Admissions Committee may require the applicant to provide additional documentation if deemed necessary for the purpose of assessing the suitability.
English Language Requirements:
English language certification establishing a minimum level of B1 according to CEFR9. The following exceptions are accepted:
– If the candidate is a native English speaker or attended a Bachelor’s or Master’s level course taught entirely in English, a self-declaration is sufficient.
– If the candidate studied or carried out research abroad for 6-months minimum in a country where the knowledge of English is required, a certification by the institution where the candidate carried out the activity, stating the level of English obtained, is sufficient (EU citizens may deliver a self-declaration, according to art. 46 of Presidential Decree n. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments, only for activities that have been carried out at a public institution of the member countries of the European Union);
– If the candidate passed one or more English language exams at level B1 during Bachelor or Master’s degree, a certificate by the University stating the level of English obtained is sufficient (EU citizens may deliver a self-declaration, according to art. 46 of Presidential Decree n. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments, only for activities that have been carried out at a public institution of the member countries of the European Union).
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: The application must be completed and submitted by hrs. 04.00 PM Italian time (GMT +2) of May 31, 2018, solely by the online system
Scholarship Official Web Links:
May 31, 2018