Applications are invited for Funded 4-year Athena SWAN PhD Scholarship at Maynooth University in Ireland. This fellowship is available for international students in which they will receive stipend valued at €16K Scholarship.
The aim of the fellowship is provide funding for international students to complete their PhDs.
The Maynooth University is an internationally recognized institution located 25 kilometers outside of Dublin, Ireland, and is the nation’s fastest growing university. One of four constituent universities of the National University of Ireland, Maynooth University in 2018 placed in the global top 100 universities under 50 years old in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Field of Study:
Fellowships are awarded to study Inter sectional Analysis of Gender Equality in Higher Education Institutions. The PhD will be a four-year structured doctoral programme in a social science discipline.
Stipend: €16K Scholarship (€9K stipend + €1K costs + €6K fees).
- Fellowship is available for International students.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland.
The PhD fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis and applicants will be expected to demonstrate both a strong academic background and aptitude for social sciences research.
- Qualifications: Minimum of 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in MA in Sociology, Education, Women’s Studies, Law, Anthropology, Social Policy, Geography or related social sciences discipline
- Required Skills and experience: Knowledge and experience undertaking Intersectional Gender Analysis (ideally in a Higher Education setting), Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Report Writing.
- Desirable skills and experience: Evidence of capacity to undertake independent research, demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team and strong communication skills.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Please send a current CV, indicating your research experience and including two academic references, a research proposal (limited to three pages), a letter of intent, and a sample of your writing (essay, chapter from dissertation, article, etc.) to Professor Linda Connolly, Chair of the Maynooth University Athena SWAN Steering Group and Director of the Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute, via email to mussi-at-mu.ie The letter of intent should be limited to two pages and it should outline:
- Reasons for application
- Previous training and research experience
- Interest in area of research
Scholarship Official Web Links:
November 30, 2018.