Scholarships: The Prague British School is inviting applications for Vlastina Short-term Scholarships in the Czech Republic. The scholarships are designated for children with their permanent address in Prague 6. The PBS will provide 5 short-term scholarship stays with English language teaching and the curriculum of the British education system (hereinafter referred to as “scholarship stays”) of 1 trimester for primary school pupils whose founder is the Primary School (hereinafter referred to as “Elementary School”).
Host College/University: PBS welcomes families of all nationalities and offers a quality British education in a truly international community. Every day over 900 pupils from almost 60 different countries attend PBS. This international environment gives PBS students a head start in our increasingly global world.
Degree level: This is a short-term scholarship at the Vlastina School.
Field of Study: The PBS will provide 5 short-term scholarship stays with English language teaching and the curriculum of the British education system (hereinafter referred to as “scholarship stays”) of 1 trimester for primary school pupils whose founder is the Primary School (hereinafter referred to as “Elementary School”). Selected pupils from the 10 other elementary schools will be able to attend PBS specialized language courses or participate in selected PBS activities.
Scholarship Award: A scholarship for a child or pupil is provided for tuition fees, which is determined by PBS. Other costs of education and residence of the child at school (teaching aids, meals, transport costs, ‘Czech program’, etc.) are covered by the applicant.
Nationalities: Students of Czech citizenship or citizenship of an EU member state are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- To obtain a scholarship at the Prague British School – Vlastina, a child must meet the following criteria:
- Date of birth between 31st August 2006 and 31st August 2013
- Czech citizenship or citizenship of an EU member state
- Permanent address in Prague 6 for at least 1 year
- Excellent academic results to date
- A certificate of good health from their doctor
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- An outstanding talent in one or more extracurricular areas: music, sport, other areas of interest
- The school results expected from a student educated under the PBS curriculum
- A positive attitude to the international cultural environment
English Language Requirements:
Tests to be taken:
- InCAS online test English
- InCAS online test Maths
- InCAS online psycho test
- Face to face interview
Applying procedure Instructions:
To start the selection process the following documents must be sent to Mrs. Monika Roberts (Monika.Roberts-at-pbschool.cz), Admissions representant (PBS).
- Completed application form (see below)
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Certificate of permanent address or permanent residence within the Metropolitan District of Prague 6
- A copy of their vaccination card and a certificate of good health
- Copies of reports from previous schools
- A letter of motivation from the parents explaining why their child should get a scholarship at the Prague British School (in English)
- Any other documents that may be useful in awarding a scholarship
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 28, 2018