Scholarships: East African Development Bank and the Africa-America Institute are offering scholarships for the Citizens of the EADB member states Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. Students should have a bachelor’s degree with an interest in pursuing a graduate degree at Rutgers University and New Jersey Institute of Technology, world-class universities less than an hour away from New York City.
Host College/University: The objective of the Africa-America Institute is to play a role in providing Africa’s youth with opportunities to strengthen their talents and skills and become the chief economic drivers in their communities. The aim of the institute is to strengthen human capacity for Africa’s development through education, skills training, dialogue, convening activities, program development, and management.
Degree level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded in science, technology, engineering and Math (STEM).
Scholarship Award: Since 2015, eight students have received this full scholarship to pursue a graduate degree at Rutgers University.
Nationalities: Citizens of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Scholarship can be taken in the USA (Rutgers University and New Jersey Institute of Technology, world-class universities less than an hour away from New York City).
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this prestigious scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda
A university graduate with a bachelor’s degree with first class/upper second honors in mathematics, sciences or engineering
Have at least three (3) years of teaching experience in a STEM-related field at a public institution in East Africa;
Currently working full-time in public, government-owned educational institutions
Committed to returning to their home country, to teach in a public government-owned institution which is a mandatory requirement.
Diligent in successfully completing the application process by the allotted deadlines at Rutgers University
- If selected, each applicant is responsible for submitting his/her GRE scores to Rutgers University by April 1. Please note that AAI does not cover the fee for the test.
Applying procedure Instructions: Phase 1: Due March 7
- A copy of your Bachelor’s degree
- Transcripts of your grades
- A completed application form (the Application Form can be downloaded here)
- A copy of your valid Passport
- A copy of your GRE scores (due in phase 2 with your application to Rutgers University, April 1)
- One-page essay on how you imagine the masters level education would advance your own career, and how you would then make a positive impact in advancing STssEM skills development in your home country; also specify why you should be added to the pool of the applicants to apply to Rutgers University?
- Letter of support from your employer committing to employ you on completion of studies and confirming that your role is currently that of a teacher or lecturer in the STEM field.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Scholarship Deadline: March 7, 2018