- Dora Plus Grant for Visiting Doctoral Students at University of Tartu in Estoni, 2019
- SDU Postdoctoral Position in Metabolic Regulation and Lipidomics, 2019
- 2019 Surrey Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) Merit Scholarship, UK
- UOW University Postgraduate Award (UPA) for Australian and International in Australia, 2019
- UCL Samuel Fund MSc Cancer Scholarships for UK/EU Students, 2019
- Tourism Development & Culture Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarships, 2019
- RESOLV Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2019
- Poland, 2019 Lazarski Foundation Scholarships for International Students
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences Scholarships, 2019
- GRO Research Scholarships at Limerick Institute of Technology, 2018-2019
APEX Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students, 2018
APEX Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ireland
The APEX programme will offer 20 prestigious two-year postdoctoral fellowships for incoming mobility across two calls over the 60 months duration of the programme. The APEX Fellowships are open to experienced researchers of any nationality.
The aim of APEX is to develop the next generation of scientific leaders who will gain hands-on experience developing cross-disciplinary and entrepreneurial skills through individual research projects.
APEX is a postdoctoral fellowship Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) COFUND programme, based at APC Microbiome Ireland at University College Cork (UCC), and co-funded by H2020.
Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Field of Study:
Fellowships will be offered in the four thematic APC research areas of ‘Microbes to Molecules’, ‘Diet and Microbes at the Extremes of Life’, ‘Brain-Gut-Microbiota Axis’ and ‘Host-Microbe Dialogue’.
|Cost categories||Amount (€/month)|
|Contribution to research costs||800|
International students are eligible for this scholarship.
- APEX plans to fund 20 fellowships in total. 10 for the first call and 10 for the second call.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland.
- Fellowships will be targeted at experienced researchers. (An experienced researcher must at the application deadline (1st call: 9th April 2018; 2nd call: 9th April 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience in academia or industry).
English Language Requirements:
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions:
A complete application consists of:
- Part A: Administrative information on the applicant, project, academic supervisor and host institution. Applicants must indicate: a project thematic area, up to 5 keywords, and provide a 2000 character proposal summary. Evidence of eligibility to the APEX programme (details on qualifications, evidence of compliance with the programme’s mobility requirements and references).Ethics issues table.
- Part B: Project proposal (max. 10 pages).
- Part C: Applicant’s CV (max. 5 pages),
- Part D: Applicants, who in “Part A – Administrative Information” indicate that ethical issues are associated with their research, are required to complete and submit the “ Ethics Self-Assessment” document
- Other documents required: Letters of commitment from the academic supervisors.
How to Apply:
All applications will be emailed to the APEX address, with the subject heading: Call 1.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
April 9, 2018.