Scholarship Brief Description: The new Commonwealth Scholarships Program for South Australia is now available for Australian students. This scholarship offers support for a minimum of 1200 undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational education and training students to undertake study, training, and internships in South Australia.
Degree level/ Field of Study: The Program provides opportunities for a minimum of 1200 Australian postgraduate, undergraduate and VET students to undertake study and training in South Australia and participate in an internship in South Australia.
Available Subject: Applications will be accepted from persons who are intending to undertake an Approved Program of Study that would lead to employment in one of the priority industries listed below.
- Stream 1: Defence industry, including naval shipbuilding. As a guide and subject to sufficient suitable applicants, 30 percent of Scholarship places will be made available for this stream.
- Stream 2: Advanced manufacturing, health services and medical research, tourism and hospitality, wine and food, and energy and resources. Applications will also be accepted from students who intend to study in a field that is relevant to, and are currently employed by, businesses with innovative practices that result in economic growth 7. As a guide and subject to sufficient suitable applicants, 40 percent of Scholarship places will be made available for the industries listed in this stream.
- Stream 3: South Australian State based skills needs. Any occupation listed on the Australian Government Department of Employment’s Skills Shortage List for South Australia will be eligible for a Scholarship. This list is available at https://docs.employment.gov.au/documents/skillshortage-list-south-australia. As a guide and subject to sufficient suitable applicants, 30 percent of Scholarship places will be made available for occupations in this stream.
Scholarship Award: Scholars may receive total Scholarship funding up to $17,500, varying based on Scholarship length and type of study or training (refer to the table below).
For example, for a three year (or more) Approved Program of Study, Scholarship funding includes:
- Up to $14,500 in study assistance to assist with education and training expenses.
- Up to $3,000 for a 20 day paid internship 5 or a one-off payment in lieu of the internship requirement (refer to Section 4.7).
- Scholarship can be taken in South Australia.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 1200 scholarships are available.
Nationalities: Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Eligible Countries: The Australian citizen or permanent resident is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be eligible to undertake an approved program of study.
- Be aged 15-64 years at commencement of study.
- Be a new student or in the first year of your study program.
- Be living in, or able to relocate to, South Australia for the duration of the scholarship.
- Be willing and able to participate in an internship (where applicable).
- Intend to enter the workforce or accept employment in South Australia at the end of your course of study or training.
Applying procedure Instructions: Applicants must submit the following documentation with their completed application form:
Evidence of Australian citizenship or permanent residency (e.g. copy of birth certificate, current passport or citizenship certificate, visa label)
Admission letter or confirmation of enrollment from your education and training provider into your intended program of study
- Provisional offers or proof of application will be accepted at the time of the Scholarship application
- Proof of residence in South Australia (e.g. driver’s license, recent utility bill, or proof of address from Center link).
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: January 8, 2018