BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarships for Developing Countries in Germany, 2018
BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarships
Candidates from developing countries and emerging economies can apply for a scholarship provided by the Development-Related Postgraduate Course program (EPOS) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) is the doctoral program at ZEF. BIGS-DR is part of a group of international graduate programs at the University of Bonn, a graduate framework that maintains the highest level of academic quality.
Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The funds you need to secure for your research will vary from project to project, which can range from 5,000 to 20,000 EUR.
Citizens of developing countries are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
- Only applicants from developing countries and emerging economies according to the DAC list are eligible for the scholarship we offer in cooperation with the DAAD EPOS program. To be eligible, you must have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- BIGS-DR is conducted in English. We, therefore, require the following English language skills: IELTS certificate (band 6); TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based); Other English language certificate from a language institution and University waiver that indicates the language of instruction was in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Students have to submit a DAAD application form \ from the DAAD home page, the German embassies, or DAAD offices worldwide.
- A prerequisite for applying for this DAAD scholarship is having at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Only applicants who have not lived in Germany yet or have been a resident in Germany for less than 15 months at the time of application can apply for this DAAD scholarship.
- When filling in the DAAD form, select “Scholarship for a postgraduate course with relevance to developing countries”.
- Please make sure that you send one copy of the DAAD scholarship form and one copy of the BIGS-DR application form to BIGS-DR. It is not necessary to send additional copies to DAAD.
- Applicants with a citizenship from a developing country or emerging economy can apply for a DAAD scholarship directly from ZEF.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
August 31 annually.