The Australian National University offers two awards known as the Bill Nicholes “Willigobung” Scholarship for Medicine. Scholarships are available to pursue a Medicinae ac Chirurgiae Doctoranda (MChD) degree program.
The objective of the award is to provide financial assistance to students enrolling in the Australian National University’s four-year graduate entry Medicinae ac Chirurgiae Doctoranda (MChD) degree program.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra, which focuses on excellence in research and education ensures our graduates are in demand the world over.
Scholarships are available to pursue a Medicinae ac Chirurgiae Doctoranda (MChD) degree program.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to support students studying graduate medicine at ANU.
University is offering up to $20,000 per annum.
- The scholarship is available to Australian students.
- Number of Scholarships Two 2.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
The award is available each year to a prospective ANU student who:
- Is an Australian citizen, holder of an Australian Permanent Resident visa or a permanent humanitarian visa;
- Has been offered a place in the Medicinae ac Chirurgiae Doctoranda (MChD) program at the ANU Medical School, College of Health and Medicine;
- Has achieved a minimum GPA of 7.0 in the final year of undergraduate study (excluding Honours);
- Is able to attend the ANU Medical School Nicholes’ Scholarship Interview in person;
- Is able to demonstrate the attributes of a Nicholes’ Scholar (see further information below);
- For the scholarship reserved for a student from a rural, regional or remote area, in addition to satisfying the above criteria, the student must have relocated from, or been schooled in a rural, regional or remote area (Australian Statistical Geography Remoteness Area-2-5) and completed the majority of their secondary studies in a rural, regional or remote area. Scholarship applicants can check the rural, regional and remote classification of their address at the DoctorConnect website. Supporting documentation will be required in the format of:
- Supporting letters from a GP, school, university or workplace (signed originals on letterhead). Supporting letters must include your rural residential address details.
- Documents to prove residences such as invoices for telephone, rates, utilities, or bank statements showing your (or your family’s) address.
Please note: Students who have already commenced the MChD program are not eligible to apply.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
The application form is available from the “Apply Now” link at the top of this page. Applications must be submitted by the closing date.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
August 20, 2018.