Scholarships: The University of Exeter is inviting applications for The Bob and Sandy Jessett PhD studentship for UK/EU students. For eligible UK/EU students, this full-time scholarship will cover fees and an annual stipend of at £14,553 for up to three years.
Host College/University: The University of Exeter is a public research university located in Exeter, Devon, South West England, and United Kingdom.
Degree level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study: This scholarship will enable a student to complete a doctoral degree in a subject area within the following areas:
Business School (UEBS)
College of Humanities (HUMS)
- Art History and Visual Culture
- Classics and Ancient History
- English, Film and Creative Writing
- Modern Languages and Translational Studies
- Theology and Religion
College of Social Sciences and International Studies (SSIS)
- Arab and Islamic Studies
- Graduate School of Education
- Law School
- Sociology, Philosophy, and Anthropology
Nationalities: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must fulfil the standard entry requirements for their programme of study. Details of these can be found on the Postgraduate Study pages.
- Applicants for this scholarship must have a strong first degree (at least an Upper Second Class Honours or equivalent).
- The scholarship will be awarded to the strongest applicant based on an assessment of the applicant’s:
• research potential
• research proposal
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Applying procedure Instructions: Applicants will be required to include the following with their online application:
- A Letter of Application
- Research Proposal with a supervisor agreed in principle
- 2 References
- IELTS or equivalent (if from a non-English speaking country)
This award is only open to applicants whose fee status is classed as Home/EU. Therefore this award is not open to International students. Please note that this studentship is only open to applicants who will start their study in Sep 2018, not those who have already started.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: April 16, 2018