The Curtin University is delighted to announce CALD Health Disparities PhD Scholarship within the faculties of Health Science and Humanities. This scholarship is available to Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, International students and also to New Zealand Citizens.
The ARC Linkage Project – Reducing Health Disparities for CALD People aims to develop a greater intercultural understanding of migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds and the factors that predict poor health outcomes related to blood-borne viruses (BBV) and other sexually transmitted infections (STI).
The Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students.
Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarship is awarded within the faculties of Health Science and Humanities.
The successful student shall receive a stipend valued $27,082.00 (2018) per annum for 3 years.
- This scholarship is available to Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, International students and also to New Zealand Citizens.Visa, International students and also to New Zealand Citizens.
- One award is available.
- Scholarshipcan be taken in Australia.
- Essential: BSc Hons, MPH (distinction), MPhil, or related degrees in health sciences or related disciplines. Must be able to be located in WA. Must be able to commit to full time study.
- Desirable: Prior experience working with CALD
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
- Full time enrolment
- To keep good academic standing
- Must be located in WA
English Language Requirements:
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
Please email Professor Alision Reid ( Alison.Reid-at-curtin.edu.au) an express of interest with:
Cover letter (including experience, interest in the area, personal goals related to research), CV, interview including written assessment.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
October 1, 2018.