Scholarships: CiM-IMPRS is offering 16 PhD positions in Life and Natural Sciences. Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. German Diploma), in life or natural sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or related fields), in mathematics or computer sciences.
Host College/University: CiM-IMPRS is a joint graduate program formed by the merger of the International Max Planck Research School IMPRS-MBM and the CiM Graduate School of the “Cells in Motion” Cluster of Excellence at the University of Münster.
Degree level: Positions are available for pursing PhD programme.
Field of Study: Positions are awarded in the field of Life and Natural Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The PhD program offers excellent research and teaching in Molecular and Cellular Life Sciences with a strong emphasis on Imaging.
Nationalities: Worldwide students are eligible for these PhD Positions. Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. German Diploma), in life or natural sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or related fields), in mathematics or computer sciences. Applicants with a state examination in pharmacy can be admitted to work on pharmaceutical/chemical projects. The date of award of the Master’s (or diploma, state examination) degree must not be more than 4 years ago (i.e. 4 years before the above-mentioned application deadline).
Applications are also welcome if the required degree has not yet been awarded by the time of application. However, it has to be awarded before fellowships commence in October.
- Students from Münster are also welcome to apply. Please note: Students who are already working in a group of a CiM-IMPRS member (see the list of members on this page under “Faculty”) are eligible for a fellowship only if they will join a different CiM-IMPRS group for their PhD.
- Applicants who are not native English speakers should demonstrate an adequate competence of the English language by one of the following options: 1) acceptable results in an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) or 2) proven higher education in English or 3) reasonably long stay in an English speaking country or 4) simply demonstrating your English language abilities during presentations and interviews in Münster. Please note: Although an English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS) is not required it is very important that you CAN communicate well enough in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the German language is not required.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Completed CiM-IMPRS Application Form
- Curriculum vitae (1 page)
- Transcripts, records of study. Don’t forget: Start your file with your Master certificate/documents.
- Certificates: Master (or Diplom), Bachelor, secondary school education (only if available), English language test (if available)
- Names and e-mail addresses of two academic teachers who can send reference letters
- Names of 1-3 CiM-IMPRS groups in which you would like to do your PhD. Make sure that you do not choose groups that do not take students this year (see above).
- Make sure that you can have a Skype interview with us in case we ask you for it.
- The mode of applying is online.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: April 13, 2018