- University of Surrey, Department of Sociology Visiting International Fellowship in UK, 2019
- Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarship at Swansea University in UK, 2018
- Robust and Predictive Energy Management of Hybrid Electric Vehicles PhD Studentship, UK 2019
- Undergraduate Scholarships at Swansea University in UK, 2018-2019
- AVAST Research Fellowship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2018
- Winton Advanced Research Fellowships in Physics of Sustainability, UK 2019
- PhD Fellowships at SDU Center for Energy Informatics to study in Denmark, 2018
- Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in Denmark, 2018
- RMIT International Excellence Scholarship for Undergraduate and Master in Australia, 2019
- Nottingham Trent University Postgraduate Scholarships for International in UK, 2019
Composition and Doctorate (PhD) Scholarships in Germany, 2018-2019
The Claussen-Simon-Stiftung, the Hamburg State Opera and the Institut für kulturelle Innovationsforschung at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg are jointly calling for applications for a two-year composition and doctoral scholarships, starting on 01/10/2018.
The scholarship is intended for a composer interested in a doctoral project with a combined artistic and academic focus and who wants to obtain the Doctor of Music (Dr. sc. mus.) degree from the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg.
The Claussen Simon Foundation aims to promote science, research, education, art and culture and is based in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
Scholarships are available for students who want to obtain the Doctor of Music Dr. sc. mus.) degree from the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Music.
The Claussen-Simon-Stiftung funds the scholarship with a monthly stipend of up to € 1.500.
Citizens of Germany are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
The requirements for the scholarship candidate include outstanding skills in contemporary music theatre production, an exceptional reflective ability and a particular interest in obtaining a doctorate. For admission to the doctoral programme at the Hamburg Hochschule für Musik und Theater, the current regulations for the Doctor scientiae musicae (Dr. sc. mus.) programme (available in German). It is mandatory to have completed a master’s degree and to provide proof of a qualification that entitles the applicant to carry out academic and artistic research and qualifies her/him to obtain a doctorate, moreover German language skills level B1 (DAF).
Applying procedure Instructions:
Please submit the following documents no later than 25/05/2018:
- Letter of Motivation (approx. 2 pages, max. 8.000 characters
- Proof of your master’s degree or a comparable degree that qualifies you to do a doctorate
- A draft of your planned composition (approx. 3 pages, max. 12.000 characters)
- A comprehensive CV representing your skills and experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Samples of your work showing comparable compositions as well as examples of your papers/your academic works
How to Apply:
Please submit your complete application not including the work samples in one PDF (Max. 10 MB) to Dr. Jenny Svensson, via email. Please submit the work samples in a separate PDF (Max. 10 MB). You can also submit audio and video samples as well as large scores via a web or download link (e.g. YouTube or WeTransfer). Further, please submit the application documents, not including the work samples by post to the Claussen-Simon-Stiftung (no later than 25/05/2018, date as postmark). Please note that we are not able to return submitted documents
Scholarship Official Web Links:
May 25, 2018.