The new “DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships” are now available on offer in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The main objective of this PhD project is to push the boundaries on the automated analysis of humans and their behavior in airborne images and image sequences with novel computer vision methods.
The German Aerospace Center (DLR) is the national aeronautics and space research centre of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its extensive research and development work in aeronautics, space, energy, transport, digitalisation and security is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures.
Fellowship is available to doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists.
Field of Study:
Fellowships are awarded in Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research.
|Type||Monthly Installment||Possible Additional Payments|
|A||1,365 Euros||e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances|
|(plus allowance for materials of 102 Euros)|
This fellowship is available to Non-German applicants.
- One position is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Candidates should have a Master’s or Engineering Degree in Computer Science, Visual Computing or a related discipline. A strong mathematical background and solid programming skills, preferably in Python or C/C++, are required. Previous experience in computer vision, computer graphics, or image processing is highly desirable. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and must have demonstrated the ability to perform independent work. They must also posess excellent communication skills.
Experience with deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe, etc. is of advantage.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- Be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/PhD/Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- Have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- Have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- Not be of German nationality.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Application
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD online portal. You are also requested to send the “Application summary” (pdf file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by email to dlr-daad-program-at-daad.de. Furthermore, your referees should send the hard copies of the letters of recommendation to the application address by post.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Open until filled.