The University of Tartu is happy to announce Dora Plus Grant for visiting doctoral students. Dora Plus sub-activity 2.2 is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Estonia.
UT is Estonia’s leading centre of research and training. It preserves the culture of the Estonian people and spearheads the country’s reputation in research and provision of higher education. UT belongs to the top 1.2% of world’s best universities.
This is a visiting grant available for doctoral students.
Field of Study:
Grants are available to study any of the courses offered by the university.
Visiting doctoral students shall be paid:
A visiting doctoral student monthly allowance (660 EUR since 1 January 2018);
2. Student mobility travel allowance (a fixed unit price, based on the address of the home university).
Example “How to calculate the amount of the grant?”
If a visiting doctoral student is staying in Estonia during 20 January till 20 March 2018, the grant amount will be following:
1) 20 Jan – 31 Jan (12 days) – (660/30)*12 days = 264 EUR
2) February (full month) – 660 EUR
3) 1 March -20 March (20 days) – (660/30)*20 days = 440 EUR
Total: 1364 EUR
- This grant is available for international students.
- Scholarship can be taken in Estonia.
- Who is a doctoral student at the foreign university;
- Who is not a resident of the Republic of Estonia;
- Who has not been in Estonia for more than one year during the past three years.
The supervisor of the recipient of scholarship in the University of Tartu must be a member of the teaching staff, research staff or, in the field of arts, a creative person with prior experience in supervising doctoral students.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Grant applications to support the studies or research of a foreign visiting doctoral student are submitted in two parts.
The supervisor in the University of Tartu submits to the Dora Plus coordinator (Kadri Orula, kadri.orula-at-ut.ee):
- The individual work plan and the objective of the international visiting doctoral student for the period while the student is at the University of Tartu. Please mark the duration of the visiting period (dates, if possible).
The applicant international visiting doctoral student submits the following documents electronically (at https://incoming.ut.ee/courses/course/1915-visting-phd) and on paper, by the date specified by the university:
2. Academic CV;
3. Certificate from the educational institution of the student’s country of residence that he/she is matriculated as a doctoral student for the study mobility period;
4. Identification document (copy of ID card or passport).
Scholarship Official Web Links:
November 1, 2018.