Scholarships: The University of Western Australia is providing English Language Course Scholarships for international PhD students. Scholarships are offered free of charge to selected students who have been offered a PhD place at UWA.
Host College/University: The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. The university’s main campus is in Perth, the state capital, with a secondary campus in Albany and various other facilities elsewhere.
UWA was established in 1911 by an act of the Parliament of Western Australia, and began teaching students two years later. It is the sixth-oldest university in Australia, and was Western Australia’s only university until the establishment of Murdoch University in 1973. Because of its age and reputation, UWA is classed one of the “sandstone universities”, an informal designation given to the oldest university in each state. The university also belongs to several more formal groupings, including the Group of Eight and the Matariki Network of Universities. In recent years, UWA has generally been ranked either in the bottom half or just outside the world’s top 100 universities, depending on the system used.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarships are available for 10-week pre-course English language program.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of English.
Scholarship Award: The UWA English Language Bridging Scholarship includes:
- The full cost of the 10-week bridging course (enrolment fee, tuition fee and course texts) at UWA CELT. NB: scholarship does not cover the cost of health cover (OSHC or OVHC);
- A stipend of AUD $450/week is paid to the student for the length of the Bridging Course, as a contribution towards living expenses;
- At the conclusion of the 10 weeks Bridging Course, the student is entitled to receive a further two weeks stipend of $450 per week, or if preferred, a return flight home prior to commencing the PhD program as long as the cost of the flights is equal to or less than two weeks stipend.
- A limited number of scholarships are issued.
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Students who have been offered a PhD place at UWA, and have not quite achieved the UWA English entry requirement.
- English Language Requirements: English is the language of instruction and assessment across The University of Western Australia. Students must meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible for a place.
Nationalities: International student.
Applying Criteria Procedure Instructions:
The student is automatically considered at the time of applying.
Submit an application to the respective HDR support team in your Faculty or to an authorised UWA representative if you are an international student.
This application should include:
- A completed research application form (see below).
- All certified documents as listed on the application form
- A brief outline (250 words maximum) of your proposed research project.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: Open for 2018