The new SoftLab Residency Scholarship is available on offer at Umeå University in Sweden. The SoftLab Residency and Scholarship is funded through Hakon Swenson foundation and runs in collaboration with creative incubator eXpression Umeå.
Sliperiet is a cross-disciplinary, collaborative and experimental platform at the Umeå Arts Campus. Sliperiet is a part of Umeå University, located at Umeå Arts Campus adjacent to the river. It is a place where researchers, businesses, students, entrepreneurs and creatives meet to develop and realize ideas.
This is a residency programme.
Field of Study:
It is a residency programme with scholarship for creatives, artists and innovators in the textile and fashion related fields.
The programme for 2018 will administer 60 000 SEK each to four projects, and give access to work space and tools over 3 months.
This scholarship is available to EU citizens.
- The EU countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must have documented experience from design, architecture, art, textile, or fashion production and a history of innovative projects. We also welcome applicants with a background in retail. A sustainability or environmental perspective is a merit. Applications will be judged both on the on creative potential of the project as well as the suitability of the candidate. Please note that applicants cannot be employed at Umeå University nor Uminova Holding or its’ subsidiaries at present, or recently have had an employment there. Please also note that applicants must be EU-citizens. An application may include more than one applicant. The total scholarship amount will however remain the same.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
Applications are received via e-mail to sliperiet-at-umu.se.
Deadline is 24th of June 2018 by 4pm Swedish time
Applications must include (preferably as one PDF):
– Letter with project description (1 x A4)
– CV (1 x A4) including references with contact details for previous projects
– Portfolio: either as a PDF (<5 MB) or link to website
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
– Level of creativity and innovation in proposed project and evidenced by previous work (letter and portfolio)
– Suitability of candidate in a collaborative setting (references and CV)
– How well we think our competence and technical infrastructure can support a successful project
Chosen candidates will be contacted by the 2nd of July at the latest.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Apply before June 24, 2018.