The KU Leuven is offering a new research project at the Department of Linguistics starting date October/November 2018. This is four year fully funded fellowship available to study PhD in Linguistic Typology.
The aim of the PhD project is to investigate the relation between specialized marking of clause linkage (e.g. conjunctions) and inferences from other categories (e.g. modal or information-structural markers).
The KU Leuven is a research and educational institution with international appeal. All courses at this university are based on the innovative research of its scientists and professors.
Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Fellowship is awarded in Linguistic Typology.
The fellow will receive a salary of approximately 2000 EUR/month (after taxes) for a period of four years and all regular provisions for PhD fellows at the University of Leuven. In addition, s/he will be allocated office space and a laptop, and receive funding for research activities like attending conferences abroad and organizing workshops and conferences in Leuven or elsewhere.
- International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Scholarship can be taken in The KU Leuven Belgium.
- An MA in linguistics (or equivalent, e.g. BA Hons), with academic distinction
- Experience with linguistic typology and/or linguistic fieldwork
- Strong analytical skills and the motivation to pursue creative work in linguistics
- A good command of English
- A cooperative attitude and the capacity to actively participate in project activities (e.g. data sessions) and in events of the research units involved in the project (including their seminar series)
- The ability to present research results at international conferences, and to publish in peer-reviewed journals
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have a good command of English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Motivated candidates meeting these criteria are invited to apply online according to the instructions given at the Application Link below and please include:
– A cover letter,
– A CV,
– The names of up to three referees we may contact, and
– A sample piece of academic writing.
You can apply for this job no later than July 01, 2018 via the online application tool
Scholarship Official Web Links:
July 1, 2018.