Studentship: The Management Science and Business Economics (MSBE) group of the University of Edinburgh Business School offers a fully funded PhD studentship in the area of management science and business economics.
Host College/University: The University of Edinburgh Business School enjoys a long tradition of teaching and research. The School offers undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programmes in business and management and provides a platform for research, discussion and debate on a wide range of business issues.
Degree level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded in the area of management science and business economics.
Scholarship Award: The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, at the following rates:
- European Union candidates: standard EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,500 per year.
- Non-European Union candidates: standard non-EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,500 per year.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Nationalities: International students are eligibile for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants will have possession of a high quality undergraduate and/or masters degree or equivalent qualification, possibly in the area of operations research/management science, business economics, and/or banking & risk.
English Language Requirements: For applicants whose native language is not English, an IELTS score of least 7.0, or equivalent.
- A covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and why you are the ideal person to receive this scholarship.
- A research proposal, where you can indicate the area you believe would be of most interest to you for a PhD topic. The proposal can be quite broad and your actual PhD project can differ from what you propose during your application. It is possible, and even likely, that you will change your interest during the course of the first year. We would like however to stress that your motivation letter and your research proposal are very important in the context of our selection process.
- Two academic referees
The following sentence must be included in your application statement and cover letter:”I would like to be considered for the MSBE PhD scholarship. I would like to name [INSERT NAME OF MSBE STAFF MEMBER(S)] as potential PhD supervisor(s).”
Applying procedure Instructions: To apply for this scheme, please apply online using the University’s EUCLID application. Find out more on PhD application page.
In your application, you must name a member of the MSBE group whose research interests are in line with your proposed research plan. More information about the MSBE group can be found in the Management Science and Business Economics group page. It is advisable to apply as early as possible to ensure your application receives full consideration.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: May 1, 2018