The Psycholinguistics and Neurolinguistics Lab is delighted to offer fully-funded PhD studentships. These studentships are available to UK/EU students.
The University of Reading is now recognised as one of the top 200 Universities in the world and is home to 19,000 students from over 150 countries. We offer a wide range of programmes from the pure and applied sciences to languages, humanities, social sciences, business and arts. New research and the latest thinking continually feed into our teaching, with our academic staff working at the forefront of their fields of expertise, and we remain one of the most popular higher education choices in the UK.
Studentships are available to study PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Studentships are across a variety of subjects within the social sciences, including linguistics, psychology and education.
These are available to UK and EU students wishing to pursue doctoral studies beginning in October 2019, and cover fees and research expenses (for both UK/EU students), and an annual stipend (for UK students only).
- These studentships are available to UK/EU students.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for a 3-year award should typically hold or expect to gain a minimum of a high merit (a mark of 65 or more or equivalent), in a master’s programme in Linguistics or a related discipline. If you are applying for a four-year award, you need to have achieved a high 2.1 (an overall mark of 65 or more or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree.
- Due to restrictions on the funding, this studentship is open to UK/EU students.
English Language Requirements:
- International English Language Test Score: 6.5 – 7.5
- Test of English as a Foreign, Language (internet-based version): 88 – 100
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Certificate of Advanced English: A – C/ 193-200
- Test of English for Educational Purposes: 6.5 – 7.5
- Pearson English Test Pearson: 53-67
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: To apply for this studentship, please
- Express your interest by emailing Dr Jacqueline Laws, Director of Postgraduate Research for Applied Linguistics (j.v.laws-at-reading.ac.uk), or for Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences Dr Ian Cunnings (i.cunnings-at-reading.ac.uk) with details of your area of research interest.
- Submit an application for Applied Linguistics or Clinical Language Sciences.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
November 5, 2018.