Applications for 2019/20 are open for York Graduate Research School Scholarships for overseas research students at the University of York in the UK.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects.
Scholarships are available to pursue research degrees at the University.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
These prestigious scholarships, awarded by the York Graduate Research School, offer full funding (covering 100% of tuition fees, a stipend commensurate with the UKRI rate, plus a research training support grant) for the duration of a student’s enrolment period.
- Number available to be confirmed
- 100% fee waiver
- Approximately £15,000 stipend for each year of successful study (valid for three years or the duration of the student’s enrolment period)
- A research training support grant (RTSG)
- Scholarships are open to international students.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligible students must:
- Have applied for a place of study at York by 31 January 2019
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international rate
- Start their research studies in the 2019/20 academic year (between 1 October 2019 and 1 September 2020)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship from elsewhere or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Kaplan International College London
English Language Requirements:
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: There isn’t a separate application form for these scholarships. Depending on your application status, you can be considered for these awards in two ways:
At the point of application
- Select the ‘UoY Overseas Research Scholarship’ option from the drop-down menu when asked how you intend to finance your studies.
If you’ve already applied for your place of study
- Email the Postgraduate Administrator in the department you’ve applied to and ask them to add the ‘UoY Overseas Research Scholarship’ tag to your formal programme application before the deadline.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 31, 2019.