Scholarships: The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is inviting applications for FWO PhD fellowships available for students from EU or the EER or Switzerland. The PhD Fellowship is the most important funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with: SCK•CEN, L’Oreal-Unesco, and VITO.
Host College/University: The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: The PhD research must be fundamental in nature.
Scholarship Award: Net scholarship amount: minimum € 1,897.76.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from EU or the EER or Switzerland are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- If on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details).
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- On 1 October you have three years scientific seniority at most.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions: Applications must be submitted at the office of the Research Foundation – Flanders, Egmontstraat 5, 1000 Brussels, no later than 17:00 on the closing date proceeding the period to which they relate.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2018