- Dora Plus Grant for Visiting Doctoral Students at University of Tartu in Estoni, 2019
- SDU Postdoctoral Position in Metabolic Regulation and Lipidomics, 2019
- 2019 Surrey Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) Merit Scholarship, UK
- UOW University Postgraduate Award (UPA) for Australian and International in Australia, 2019
- UCL Samuel Fund MSc Cancer Scholarships for UK/EU Students, 2019
- Tourism Development & Culture Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarships, 2019
- RESOLV Doctoral Scholarships in Germany, 2019
- Poland, 2019 Lazarski Foundation Scholarships for International Students
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences Scholarships, 2019
- GRO Research Scholarships at Limerick Institute of Technology, 2018-2019
Ghent University Postdoctoral Position in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer in Belgium, 2018
Postdoctoral Position in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer
The Ghent University is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer. Applicants must have a PhD degree in biomedical sciences, medicine or molecular biology or biotechnology or should obtain a PhD in the near future.
Applicants will be part of an international, young, enthusiastic, motivated team using English as the main language.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field of Study:
Position is awarded in Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer.
The university offers:
- A 4 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute
- The candidate will be embedded in a competitive international research group of about 10 highly motivated (and very nice) people that work together as a team.
- The lab is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe – Starting date: as soon as possible, but flexible.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Scholarship can be taken in Belgium.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The candidate must hold a PhD or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include working with murine cancer models, intestinal organoid cell culture, immune histochemistry, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo. – Experience in omics techniques and bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab.
English Language Requirements:
Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Andy Wullaert (Andy.Wullaert-at-UGent.be).
Scholarship Official Web Links:
April 30, 2018.