The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar awards a total of 160 graduate scholarships in the coming eight years, starting from 2018/19. Graduate scholarships (for September 2018) are open for Ethiopian applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar.
The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends.
The University of Gondar, until 2003 known as the Gondar College of Medical Sciences, is the oldest medical school in Ethiopia. Established as the Public Health College in 1954, it is located in Gondar, the former capital of Ethiopia.
Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Law, Sociology, Psychology, Physiotherapy and Nursing.
The scholarship is comprehensive and covers the costs of tuition, accommodation/boarding, stipend and additional program-related expenses as well as support and training programs on academic, financial literacy and social issues with the aim of developing capable and transformative leaders at grassroots and global levels.
Scholarships are open to Ethiopian students.
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar awards a total of 160 graduate scholarships in the coming eight years, starting from 2018/19.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ethiopia.
Graduate scholarships (for September 2018) are open for Ethiopian applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar. Applicants with first degree from a recognized University and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status, and are not engaged at work at all or have been engaged at work but couldn’t able to cover their study expenses will be eligible for the scholarship.Specifically, to be eligible to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program’s graduate scholarship, applicants must meet the below listed criteria:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation;
- Be citizen and permanent resident of Ethiopia (and residents of Ethiopia for at least five years at the time of their application),
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education; and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential
English Language Requirements:
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Official Web Links: