The new danceWEB scholarship program is now available on offer for dancers and young choreographers. Young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also non-European countries are eligible to apply.
The program focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants.
Life Long Burning (LLB) – Towards a sustainable Eco-System for Contemporary Dance in Europe. LLB is a multi-annual cooperation project supported by the EU Creative Europe Program for 4 years (1.07.2018 – 30.06.2022) and implemented by eleven organizations.
The scholarship program is a five-week training program which will take place in 2019 from 10th July to 14th August during the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival.
Field of Study:
The Program offers young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also non-European countries the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further training program.
The scholarship program includes:
- Participation in the Research Projects of ImPulsTanz (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- Participation in the technical workshops of ImPulsTanz
- Free entry to performances at ImPulsTanz
- Exchange and contact with international lecturers and choreographers at ImPulsTanz
- Special Projects exclusively for danceWEB scholarship holders
- Lecture demonstrations and discussions
- Free accommodation
- Mentoring by internationally recognized artists
Young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also non-European countries are eligible to apply.
- One scholarship values approximately EUR 6.450,- (depending on the individual choice of research projects, workshops and performances per scholarship holder). The Creative Europe Programme of the European Union covers EUR 2.150.-, another EUR 2.150,- shall be covered by national/regional funding bodies of your home country/country of residence. danceWEB as nonprofit association covers the remaining expenses, with the help of Austrian funding bodies.
- Scholarship can be taken in Vienna, Austria.
Dancers and choreographers with decidedly professional ambitions from European, Eastern European and non European countries, preferably between 22 and 30 years of age (no rule, but a guideline!) and a good knowledge of English. The working language of the program is English!
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have a good knowledge of English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: The online application is available from November on until mid December each year on this website. Out of approximately 1000 applications each year an (international) jury of dance and performance experts selects around 200 applications that are passed on to the final selection round.
The application consists of an application form (pdf) that you need to download from the website, fill in and upload again to the website.
This application form consists of 4 parts:
1.) Personal Data
2.) Artistic Career (Education & Training/Performance activities)
3.) Artistic Statement (English)
You have to upload the application form together with the further following documents (Allowed file formats are: doc, rtf, pdf or jpg. Max. file size is 1MB):
at least 1 recommendation letter (English) (maximum 3), 2 recent photos (portrait & artistic photo), current Curriculum Vitae (English), maximum 2 pages.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 9, 2019.