Scholarships: Central Queensland University is currently accepting applications for International Excellence Research Scholarships who are commencing a Doctor of Philosophy at CQ University, on or before 1 July 2018.
The International Excellence Research Scholarships (Scholarships) refers to a series of full or partial tuition fee scholarships funded by CQ University.
Host College/University: Central Queensland University (alternatively known as CQ University) is an Australian dual sector university-based in Queensland. Its main campus is in North Rockhampton, Queensland.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral research programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue Doctor of Philosophy at CQ University.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will pay the candidate’s annual tuition fees for up to three EFTSL (three full-time equivalent years). The Scholarship will not cover.
- Overseas student health cover.
- Living allowances.
- Travel expenses.
- Thesis expenses.
- The cost of English language testing.
- Tuition fees for bridging programs or ELICOS programs, or
Project expenses, including the purchase of equipment or other direct research costs.
Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Numbers Of Scholarships: Central Queensland University will offer the equivalent of up to 12 full-fee Scholarships in 2018.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to hold a Scholarship, a candidate must be of outstanding quality.
- Have completed a Bachelor Degree with first class honours conferred by a university or any other approved institution in a relevant discipline, or
- Have been awarded a Masters degree either by research or with a substantial research element (typically one-third of research work within it) in a relevant discipline, from a university or any other approved institution, or
- Hold alternative qualifications and/or experience deemed by the University to be of equivalent scope and standard to those listed above.
- Be an international student1 and satisfy international student visa requirements.
- Be approved for admission, and enrolling in, a Doctor of Philosophy program at CQUniversity.
- Typically, must be enrolled full-time and be an on-campus candidate at a CQUniversity campus.
- Not previously have held a Commonwealth Government-funded or CQUniversity-funded postgraduate research tuition fee scholarship, unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing, and
- Must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship for tuition fees to undertake a research higher degree.
- English is the language of instruction and assessment across CQ University. Applicants are required to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for entry to programs.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic): 6.5 (with no individual band score less than 6.0).
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL Internet-Based): Overall score of 79 with no score less than 21.
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Overall score of 58 with no score less than 50.
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): Overall test score of 176 (with no individual band score of less than 169).
Applying procedure Instructions:
- An invitation to eligible principal supervisors to submit an expression of interest for allocation of a Scholarship may be issued by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) from time to time.
- Applications for the Scholarships may be made by principal supervisors, who will, in turn, nominate an eligible candidate to receive the Scholarship. Current or prospective candidates are not permitted to apply for a scholarship directly.
- A principal supervisor will not normally be allocated more than one Scholarship.
- Expressions of Interest for allocation of scholarships will be considered by the Research Higher Degrees Committee, who will make recommendations to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research).
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) will approve the allocation of all Scholarships.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: Open for the year 2018.