Scholarships: The call for applications for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the 12th edition of the GEMMA Master is now open. Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme in the field of Women´s Studies and Gender.
Host College/University: Two chosen centres out of the seven prestigious European universities that participate in the Consortium/Partner’s Universities
Degree level/ Field of Study: Master’s degree programme in the field of Women´s Studies and Gender.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Women´s Studies and Gender.
Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria for both Category A and B – e.g. students with a double nationality – must select the Category of their choice. As a result, they are entitled to apply only to one of the two categories of scholarship at a time
- Only candidates who have applied to and have been accepted by the GEMMA Consortium in accordance with its specific students’ application and selection criteria, are eligible for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship in GEMMA.
- Students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to the Erasmus Mundus Action 1 joint programme (EMMC) of their choice but the number of applications must be limited to maximum three different joint programmes (EMMC and EMJD together).
- Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national legislation and practices
- Individuals who have already benefited from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship are not eligible for a second scholarship for the same or another Erasmus Mundus programme.
- Students who have obtained their last academic degree in the same country in which they wish to complete part of their Erasmus Mundus programme, are also not eligible.
- Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus masters studies.
English Language Requirements: The required languages will vary depending on the mobility route that you wish to complete. In the selection process you are encouraged to indicate your preference for two out of seven GEMMA universities where you want to study: one will be your Home University (where you will spend the 1st year of your study) and the other will be your Mobility University (where you will spend the 2nd year). GEMMA partner universities differ in the language of instruction and that is why you need to take the language criterion into consideration when applying. The languages of instruction used in the universities that form the GEMMA Consortium are:
- Granada – Spanish in the first year (Home) and English and Spanish in the second year (Mobility)
- Oviedo – Spanish in the first year (Home) and English in the second year (Mobility)
- Bologna – Italian and English;
- CEU, Hull, Utrecht, and Lodz – English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
All other required documents (originals or official and certified copies) should be scanned and attached to it according to the instructions. The required documents in the indicated order are:
- Current resume or CV
- Bachelor´s Degree (Diploma)
- Official academic records (transcript)
- Average grade certificate
- Language certificate for chosen Home University
- Language certificate for chosen Mobility University
- Copy of passport
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letters (An automated email will be sent to the two professionals you indicate as authors of your recommendation letters, with a link enabling them to attach the letters to your application.)
- Other documents (courses, seminars etc., not compulsory but recommended)
How to Apply:
Scholarships should be submitted online through the GEMMA website.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2018