CeNS Germany International PhD Scholarships in Nano science and Biophysics 2018
Scholarship Brief Description: The Munich-based Center for NanoScience (CeNS) is offering 14 PhD positions, three short-term scholarships and one postdoc position. Outstanding candidates in the fields of natural sciences and life sciences from all around the world are invited to submit their application.
Host College/University: The Center for NanoScience (CeNS) was founded in 1998 at the Opens external link in new windowLudwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich as one of the first nanoscience networks worldwide. Today, CeNS crosslinks the work of more than 100 senior and junior scientists and 260 PhD and master students.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of nanoscience and biophysics.
Nationalities: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply.
- CeNS is looking for highly motivated applicants with excellent grades and a strong scientific interest who are enthusiastic about the multidisciplinary activities of CeNS.
- Holding a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in either the field of physics, chemistry or life sciences.
- Preparing for a Master’s degree in one of the above-named fields to be completed no later than two months before the start of the project OR hold a master’s degree or equivalent.
- Excellent grades.
- A very good command of the English language.
- Strong scientific motivation.
- High interest in interdisciplinary research.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- For your application, two letters of recommendation are required. The online application tool will generate an e-mail request to your referees. They will be asked to follow a link in the e-mail and to fill in the evaluation form online. Please note that recommendation letters have to be submitted by February 8, 2018!
- All candidates have to apply via the online application tool of the Opens external link in new windowLMU GraduateCenter. Other forms of application will be not accepted.
- Registration: In order to apply online, you have to register first. You will then be able to enter your applications details.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 5, 2018