- NASA Animation Fellowship for International Students in USA, 2018
- Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowships in UK, 2019/2023
- CRENC Studentships for MD Students, MDs and Medical Residents, 2018
- PhD Studentships in Computer Science for African Students in South Africa, 2018
- Freethinker Fellowships for International Students in Germany, 2018
- Fully Funded PhD Studentship at PML and University of Exeter in UK, 2018
- FCReL PhD Student Fellowship Opportunities in Canada, 2018
- Stoller Scholarships 2018/2019 for Undergraduate Course at University of Bolton in UK
- University of Cape Town Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in South Africa, 2019
- Undergraduate Scholarship for Australian and International Students at Massey University, 2018
Internet and Society Research Fellowship for International Students in Germany, 2018
The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) is offering “Internet and Society” Fellowship to study in Berlin, Germany. The HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay.
The “Internet and Society” fellowship is internationally focused and offers a unique opportunity for innovative thinkers who wish to engage in the exchange of research experiences and to set up new initiatives.
HIIG is a publicly and privately funded independent research institute whose work complies with scientific quality standards and transparency rules. The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) researches the development of the internet from a societal perspective. The aim is to better understand the digitalisation of all spheres of life. As the first institute in Germany to focus on internet and society, HIIG has established an understanding that emphasises the embeddedness of digital innovations in societal processes.
Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Field of Study:
For our 2019 class of fellows, we consider applicants who want to pursue topics that fall within one of our research programmes. Please read the information on each of the linked websites closely, and position yourself and/or your project within the programme that best suits you.
- The evolving digital society: concepts, discourses, structures
- Data, actors, infrastructures: The Governance of data-driven innovation and cyber security
- Learning, knowledge, innovation: The change in knowledge production, organisation and transfer through digital innovation.
Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, they are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and travel arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship. Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have fluency in English; command of German is appreciated.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including A) your project, and how it responds to one of research programmes, B) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, C) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German).
Scholarship Official Web Links:
September 1, 2018.