Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is inviting applications for International Fellowships to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan. Non-Japanese women are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The objective of the fellowship is to allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW), established in 1946, is a member of ; the world’s leading organization for women. JAUW shares IFUW’s mission together with its 50+ member associations around the globe.
Fellowship is awarded to students to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
Field of Study:
Fellowship is awarded in any field.
- The program is open to applications between November 2018 and March 31, 2019.
- The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen 500, 000 and up to Yen1, 000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- The period of stay in Japan under this award is for 4 to 6 months between October 2019 and March 2020.
- The program cannot be extended in any event.
- Non-Japanese women are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.
They need to have contacted and obtained consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application. JAUW won’t extend any help regarding this matter.
- Applicants must submit application forms according to the Instructions.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Set of Application documents
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data)
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data)
- letters (?see No.6 of Application Form Part 1) from three different individuals. Each letter should be signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelope.
- A letter of acceptance/confirmation/ invitation (referred to as a letter of Acceptance), written by your host supervisor or collaborator of your study/research in Japan. Please ask him/her to send the original Letter of Acceptance by postal mail directly to JAUW. In addition, be sure to ask him/her to send to you the pdf file of the said Letter of Acceptance, whose printed copy you should include in your application package.
- A medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period.
- A photo, 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, of yourself to be put on one of the Application Form Part 1.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
March 31, 2019.