The James Cook University is offering undergraduate scholarships for Australian students in 2018. The value of the scholarship shall be $10,000 per year, for the minimum number of years expected to complete on a full time.
The Deans’ Scholarship provides financial support to high achieving students for the length of their degree in order to allow students to fully commit to their studies.
James Cook University will award in order to engage with industry, community and donors through positive interactions and relationship building to benefit the student body and the University.
Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to study in Arts, Society, Education, Business, Law, Governance, Science, Engineering, Healthcare Sciences, Public Health, Medical, Veterinary Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry.
Up to $10,000 per year in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Six new scholarships shall be offered each year.
- Australian Students can apply for these scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
- Following situation must be followed to apply for this scholarship:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen;
- Be likely to achieve a Queensland Overall Position (OP) of 1-3 or the equivalent Australian Tertiary Admissions Ranking (ATAR) or International Baccalaureate (IB) score (bonus rank points or OP adjustments will not apply); and
- Have applied through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) and nominated a JCU course as your first or second preference.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Prior to completing an application, you should carefully read the Scholarship Rules below. Applicants wanting to apply for this scholarship must attach the following documents to their application:
- A typed personal statement of a maximum of 1000 words that addresses:
- What you believe to be the most significant challenges facing tropical and under served populations and how the completion of a JCU degree will enable you to make a difference and create a brighter future for life in the Tropics;
- The reasons and motivation for your choice of study area or program; and
- The extent to which the Scholarship will make your study possible.
- A concise CV detailing academic achievements, work experience, community involvement and any other extracurricular activities (this should be no more than 5 pages);
- Year 12 Semester 1 report card; and
- No more than three written references attesting to their character and/or suitability to receive the scholarship (these can be the same as used to support written applications for courses listed above).
Applicants may be required to undertake an interview as part of their application.
When applying for a scholarship it is very important that you answer all the questions and include all relevant documents. Your application and relevant documents must be submitted before the closing date. If an application is incomplete, it will not be considered.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
October 31, 2018.