Justice without Borders is calling for applications: JWB Hong Kong Legal Fellowship Programme for the academic year 2018-2019. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
JWB is a not-for-profit organisation that supports victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking in seeking just compensation against their abusers, even after returning home. Operating at the regional level, we work with local service organisations along key migration routes to ensure victims can access legal assistance, wherever they are.
This is a nine months long legal fellowship programme.
Field of Study:
Fellows will engage in legal projects on behalf of victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking, covering Hong Kong and other countries in the region. As a Fellow, you will take on an active role in one or more projects that include: working with front-line NGOs and pro bono lawyers to identify and prepare cases for potential litigation, strategic legal research to support future litigation, and preparing training courses, among other daily tasks common to a small regional organization. You will also have the opportunity to coordinate with partners across the region, including Indonesia, the Philippines and Singapore, among others.
This is an unpaid fellowship.
- International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong.
- Fluency in English, with strong written and oral communications skills;
- Strong legal research and writing skills;
- Ability to work well in a team, managing tasks assigned to the entire group;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines;
- Good time management skills;
- Self-directed, ability to take initiative and actively address issues that come up in the flow of work;
- Have their own laptop with Microsoft Office products and ability to communicate via web applications (email, calendar) throughout the day; and
- JWB treats its Fellows as professionals and entrusts high levels of responsibility in them accordingly.
Welcome but not required skills
- Speaking and writing ability in Bahasa Indonesia or Malay, Mandarin, or Tagalog;
- Graphic design and layout skills; and
- Knowledge of website and social media tools, including WordPress, Twitter, and Facebook.
English Language Requirements:
Fluency in English, with strong written and oral communications skills. Speaking and writing ability in: Bahasa Indonesia or Malaya, Mandarin, or Tagalog.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
Please submit a one-page cover letter, CV and a writing sample of no more than 10 pages to both Douglas MacLean at maclean-at-forjusticewithoutborders.org and Justine Lam at Justine-at-forjusticewithoutborders.org.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
August 3, 2018.