Scholarships: The University of Tokyo is inviting applications for Kobayashi Fund Scholarships. These scholarships are available for privately financed international students who study at graduate school as doctoral students, or who have finished doctoral courses and continue to study to obtain a doctoral degree.
Host College/University: In order to realize a peaceful and easy-to-live international society, which is the eternal wish of human beings, it will become increasingly important to promote correct understanding and cooperation between the international communities.
Degree level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral degree programme.
Field of Study: The target areas of the grant are humanities and social sciences , limited to individual research. Researchers will deepen their understanding and awareness of society, culture, etc in Japan and Asia / Oceania and will focus on research that further promotes international exchange between Japan and these regions in the future.
Scholarship Award: Amount: Maximum of 1,200,000 JPY /person
Number of Scholarships: limit about 1.2 million yen per case, they will adopt about 30 people. In fiscal 2017, they awarded 32 ~ 1.2 million yen / case for 32 people. (As a result of the examination, the actual amount of grant may be reduced to the amount of the application.)
Nationalities: International students from Asian and Asian Pacific region (Korea, China, Taiwan, Mongolia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, East Timor, Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania Islands) are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Japan.
- Privately financed international students who study at graduate school as doctoral students, or who have finished doctoral courses and continue to study to obtain a doctoral degree. Those who already have obtained or will have obtained a doctoral degree by July, 2018 are not eligible.
International students from Asian and Asian Pacific region; Korea, China, Taiwan, Mongolia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, East Timor, Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania Islands.
Those who can receive a letter of recommendation from their supervisors.
Those who are majoring in Humanities and Social science.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applying procedure Instructions: Please mail the following documents by simple registered mail to the Foundation Secretariat by the application deadline.
- Application form and resume
- Recommendation letter of the supervisor
- Outline of research plan (optional A4 horizontal writing less than 2) and schedule and budget proposal (predetermined form)
- Certificate of student status
- Applicants must register and apply online, then submit the required documents directly to the fund.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
Scholarship Deadline: February 28, 2018