- Neapolis University Scholarships for BSc in Civil Engineering for International Students, 2019
- 5 Marie Curie PhD Fellowships in Strategic Management in Netherlands, 2019
- University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarship for International Students, 2019
- DAAD-GSSP Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2018
- Master Scholarships in Cultural Sustainability at University of Maiduguri in Nigeria, 2018
- Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship in Australia, 2018
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2018-19
- ADA Early Summer School PhD Scholarships (EDP) in South Africa, 2019
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships for UK/EU Students in UK, 2019
- Fully Funded Faraday Institution PhD Research Studentship at Newcastle University, 2019
Kurdistan Regional Government Kurd Undergraduate Scholarships in Iraq, 2018-2019
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research – Kurdistan Regional Government is offering new scholarships for international to pursue an undergraduate programme. Individuals of Kurdish descent and Iraqi and Kurdistan Region citizens are not eligible to apply.
The Kurdistan Regional Government is the official ruling body of the predominantly Kurdish region of Northern Iraq referred to as Iraqi Kurdistan or Southern Kurdistan.
In order to be eligible for non-native speakers, a 4.5 IELTS or its equivalent in an English proficiency exam is required.
Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are available for the 2018-2019 undergraduate programs in the Kurdish language, literature, and culture at selected universities.
The Kurd Scholarship includes the following:
- Airport transfer to the host university upon initial arrival.
- 600 USD monthly stipends toward living costs for the duration of the study period including the foundation year. Free dormitory room in the host university.
- 1500 USD toward annual flight expenses for citizens of the USA and Australia, 1000 USD for all other citizens. Payment of visa and residential fees.
- Annual medical insurance of 500 USD for medical treatment in the Kurdistan Region only.
- Medical insurance does not cover treatment outside the Kurdistan Region. Scholarship recipients may select the insurance company.
Please note: the required study period for the Kurd Scholarship is four academic years. If an applicant does not succeed within the specific period of time, or any period beyond the four years, the applicant will be responsible for his/her study expenses (tuition fees, living cost, annual flight expenses and medical insurance).
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- 20 places are offered for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Scholarship can be taken in The applicant will be hosted in one of the following public universities: Salahaddin University – Erbil, Sulaimani University, University of Duhok, Soran University, Koya University.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant has to have a minimum high school (preparatory) diploma or its equivalent, such as a national baccalaureate. A-level or SAT1/SAT2
- For non-native speakers, a 4.5 IELTS or its equivalent in an English proficiency exam is required.
- The applicant has to submit two recommendation letters written by authorized officials from his/her academic institution or place of work.
- The applicant has to submit a certified copy of his/her degree and transcript.
English Language Requirements:
For non-native speakers, a 4.5 IELTS or its equivalent in an English proficiency exam is required.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: International students can apply by sending their documents to the following email address no later than August 1st 2018: kurdish.studies-at-mhe-krg.org.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
August 1, 2018.