Scholarships: The King’s College London is awarding Professor Anthony Guest PhD Scholarship for the applicants from all over the world. The scholarship is awarded in the field of Law.
Host College/University: King’s College London (informally King’s or KCL) is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding constituent college of the federal University of London.
Degree level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Law.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is worth £20,000 (Home/EU/International) per annum for three years (total worth £60,000) and is intended to help towards the cost of tuition fees for the year, as well as living costs whilst applicants are studying.
Nationalities: International students are eligible for this scholarships. Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Home, EU, and international candidates
- Due to commence a full-time research degree programme in Law during 2018-19 within The Dickson Poon School of Law. Please note that:
- Existing research degree students are not eligible to apply;
- These scholarships cannot be held on a part-time basis.
- Applicants must meet the necessary language requirement of the host institution.
Applying procedure Instructions: The mode of applying is online.
- Please provide a King’s applicant identification number. This will provide to you by Admissions following submission of your online admissions application form.
- Name of potential supervisor(s)
- Please provide the name or names of your potential research degree supervisor(s) at The Dickson Poon School of Law.
- Summary of academic qualifications
- Please include details of all university/higher education qualifications you have completed and/or are currently undertaking. Please note that this information will be cross-checked against the information provided on transcripts submitted with your online admissions application.
- Summary of other awards, prizes, professional qualifications
- This section allows applicants to provide additional relevant information which is not captured elsewhere within the form and may help strengthen their application.
- Research Proposal
- As with the main admissions application, it is very important that each applicant discusses with their potential supervisor his or her proposed topic when drafting their research proposal for this application. Applications will be assessed, in part, on the basis that such a discussion has taken place. The research proposal must include sufficient information to enable the Scholarship Selection Panel to assess an applicant’s suitability for an award. Applicants should discuss:
- The theoretical background to the proposed research and its relationship to previous work in the relevant field(s);
- The significance (scientific, intellectual, practical, etc) of the proposed research;
- The likely methodological approach and why it is appropriate to the aims of the project;
- How their proposed research complements their previous experience and anticipates possible future research work;
- Why they feel their project fits with their proposed supervisors’ research and the strengths of The Dickson Poon School of Law.
- Research proposals must NOT exceed 2 sides of A4 (Times New Roman Font size 11) in total. Longer proposals or those that contain extraneous material will not be considered.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Application Form: ◄–
Scholarship Deadline: February 1, 2018