Scholarships: The American Turkish Society would like to offer Moon and Stars Project Grants for artists on the basis of competition. These grants are awarded in the field of Turkey’s arts and culture scene. The American Turkish Society awards competitive grants to support emerging and established artists in the effort to promote this cross-cultural dialogue.
Host College/University: The Moon and Stars Project (MASP) was founded in 2002 in New York as a not-for-profit, all-volunteer organization, dedicated to promoting greater cultural interaction between the United States and Turkey.
Degree level/ Field of Study: These grants are available for artists. These grants are awarded in the field of Turkey’s arts and culture scene.
Scholarship Award: The programme provides competitively awarded Project and Residency grants for burgeoning and established artists.
Eligibility Nationality: US and Turkish.
- Once your grant proposal is selected through a competitive process, you will be asked to sign a grant agreement. After the receipt of that document, applicants will receive 80% of the grant amount in an initial check. You will receive the final 20% of the grant amount after completing the final report.
- Applicants must have fluency in English.
Applying procedure Instructions: Apply via email.
- Basic Information.
- Program Summary (statement, description, calendar, and budget).
- Supplementary Information (relationship to Turkey and/or Turkish arts, target population, desired outcomes, list of sponsors, donors, contributors, and other supporting organizations).
- Cover letter detailing funding request.
- Supporting materials:
- Music: relevant audio files, CDs and/or videos.
- Literature/Reading Events: manuscripts or published works.
- Performing Arts: script and performance or rehearsal DVDs.
- Artist’s CV (if applicable).
- Visuals of past projects (if applicable).
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: Feb 28, 2018.