Scholarship Brief Description: The University of Queensland is offering a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in neuroscience through the Queensland Brain Institute. Students will work on independent research projects under the supervision of world-leading QBI Neuroscientists, as well as undertake neuroscience-related workshops and journal clubs.
Host College/University: The University of Queensland (UQ) is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities, UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australasia. UQ also admits the majority of its state’s top achievers. The main campus occupies much of the riverside inner suburb of St Lucia, southwest of the Brisbane central business district. Other UQ campuses and facilities are located throughout Queensland, the largest of which are the Gatton campus and the Herston medical school. UQ’s overseas establishments include the Brunei Clinical School and the UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, United States.
Degree level/ Field of Study: These scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree.
Available Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields of neuroscience.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover $27,082 equivalent to RTP rate.
Nationalities: International Students.
Eligible Countries: Australian or NZ citizens and International students.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- A bachelor degree in biological, physical, computer sciences, mathematics, psychology or engineering (with or without honours); or
- Relevant industry experience.
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- To apply for admission to the MPhil program and neuroscience scholarship follow these easy steps. There is no separate application for the scholarship and applicants will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
- Go to the UQ Graduate School website to submit an online application for the MPhil program Please ensure that you read through all the information about application and scholarships contained via the link.
When completing the online application:
- Nominate your commencement timeline as Research Quarter 2, 2018.
- Indicate you wish to be considered for UQ student (international/domestic) scholarships.
- Nominate Associate Professor Helen Cooper as your proposed MPhil principal supervisor.
- For the research project title section, please state “to be advised”. If your application is selected, a research project title and detailed project description will be formulated after commencement.
- Also, include the names of two referees who are familiar with your recent academic and/or research work. The QBI Student Office will contact the referees you list using the online application system to obtain confidential referee reports for inclusion with your application.
- Please upload your supporting documentation with your online application and your completed Candidate Statement form (see next page for the form).
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: November 20, 2017