The University of Maiduguri is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for master degree in Cultural Sustainability. International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The interdisciplinary Graduate School ‘Performing Sustainability: Cultures and Development in West Africa’ is a collaborative training network for postgraduate students by the University of Hildesheim (Germany), the University of Maiduguri (Nigeria) and the University of Cape Coast (Ghana)
The initiative is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and focuses on innovative research that brings together approaches from performance, arts and culture to bear on sustainable development as defined in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s degree.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to study Master in Cultural Sustainability.
Participants in the Graduate School will pay the respective tuition fees for the programs they are enrolled in, but all costs in relation to the Graduate School (workshops, access to library and technical material) will be covered. Scholarship holders will additionally receive a monthly stipend.
- International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Six 2-year scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Nigeria.
Candidates will be selected based on their qualification and motivation. Special emphasis is placed on gender balance. We particularly encourage women and people from diverse backgrounds to apply. International applicants are eligible to apply but requested to relocate to Maiduguri for the study period.
English Language Requirements:
A very good command of English in oral and written communication is mandatory.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: To apply please send the following documents:
- Research project proposal (maximum 5 pages)
- Motivation letter (2 pages) stating qualifications and interest and also indicating the specific graduate program the applicant wishes to enroll in
- CV in English
- Certificates and other relevant credentials
- 2 letters of academic reference Selection will take place in October 2018
Scholarship Official Web Links:
October 15, 2018.