Math Postdoctoral Opportunities for Developing Countries in Italy, 2018
Scholarship Brief Description: The ICTP is delighted to offer outstanding mathematicians from developing countries, including postdoctorate the opportunity to do research in Italy. The fellowships have 12-month duration with a possible extension for a further 12 months; the initial period will be 1 September 2018 – 31 August 2019.
Host College/University: The Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Mathematics.
Hosting Country: Italy
Eligibility Nationalities: Developing Countries.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for young mathematicians with a strong research record. Fellows must have completed a PhD. in mathematics prior to the start of their fellowship. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. The fellowships have 12-month duration with a possible extension for a further 12 months; the initial period will be 1 September 2018 – 31 August 2019.
- Preference will be given to candidates who: 1) will benefit most from the time spent at ICTP in pursuit of their own research, using the ICTP facilities and participating in ICTP activities; and 2) will interact with local scientists and visitors and will contribute to the intellectual vitality of the Center.
- Adequate proficiency in English language is required.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Candidates must apply using the online application.
- Candidates are required to arrange for the submission of three letters of recommendation by established researchers.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Successful candidates might be offered a Shiing-Shen Chern Senior Post-Doctoral Fellowship. The Fellowship, named after Shiing-Chern, has especially attractive terms with a total possible tenure of 3+2 years.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: January 7, 2018