Scholarships: The National Academy of Dramatic Art is offering Patricia Leggett Playwriting Scholarship. This is a fully paid scholarship for a place on the prestigious MFA in Playwriting at The Lir Academy starting in September 2018.
Host College/University: The Lir Academy is Ireland’s National Academy of Dramatic Art. It is part of Trinity College Dublin and is associated with the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London.
Degree level: Scholarship is available for pursuing MFA Playwriting degree programme.
Field of Study: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Playwriting.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship is worth approximately €12,000. It includes full payment of tuition fees and a contribution towards living expenses.
Nationalities: Citizens of Ireland are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Ireland.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must
- Be qualified to degree level
Be resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland
- The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Applying procedure Instructions: In addition to the information required on the online form, you are also required to upload a copy of each of the following:
- A letter that outlines the applicant’s theatre education and highlights the applicant’s writing experience to date.
- A ‘statement of purpose’ that refers to the applicants ambitions in terms of writing style, form and medium.
- A résumé (CV)
- A sample of writing in the form of a play (minimum 45 minutes reading time)
- Two references/testimonials from those familiar with your writing and/or third level
- Personal statement with a financial plan which indicates clearly how you intend to finance yourself if successful in gaining a place on the course.
(Please note that writing samples will not be returned under any circumstance and that The Lir does not provide critiques of writing samples).
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Scholarship Deadline: March 31, 2018