Nipkow Fellowship Program for International Media Professionals in Germany, 2018
Applications are invited for Nipkow Fellowship Program available to worldwide Media Professionals to study in Berlin, Germany.
The NIPKOW PROGRAMM is a fellowship programme, designed to assist film and television professionals in expanding their knowledge, experience, and contacts by providing unique support à la carte through project counselling tailored to meet the individual fellow’s needs and aspirations within a pan-European context and a synergistic network.
Since its inception in 1992, the NIPKOW PROGRAMM has been making significant contributions to the film and media landscape in Europe. Not only has it established an extensive and flourishing network of film and media professionals in Western and Eastern Europe over the years, but it has also brought countless European co-productions to the screen. The NIPKOW PROGRAMM aims at forging the way for many future European co-productions and partnerships with Germany.
Scholarships are available to Media Professionals.
Field of Study:
NIPKOW PROGRAMM fellowship-holders work in the following fields:
- Financing, production, marketing, sales and distribution, scriptwriting, camera, sound, production design
- New Technologies
Selected participants are awarded a monthly grant of1,500 Euros to allow them to concentrate exclusively on their work. Participants are expected to commit to working solely on their projects while in Berlin.
- Grants are awarded by the jury for a period of three months.
- The selected participants must complete their fellowship within one calendar year (as of the jury selection)
- All participants are obliged to write a final report before receiving their final monthly grant.
- Travel expenses and accommodation are not provided by NIPKOW PROGRAMM.
- Once a participant has been awarded a grant from the NIPKOW PROGRAMM, he/she may not re-apply; a Nipkow grant is a one-time experience!
Media professionals from all around the world are eligible to apply. Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
- Professionals (no students)
- From all over the world
- Filmmakers who have completed a first feature-length film (more than 70min.), either fiction, documentary or cross-media.
Applicants who have not completed a feature-length film may qualify for consideration if they have had a short film awarded by a major International Film Festival.
- We recommend the first draft of feature projects to be in place. No draft for documentary projects needed.
- We also strongly recommend a local producer being on board already.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Please download our application form for:
- Project Development
Right-click here to download file application_form.doc (Microsoft Word strongly recommended)
No application will be accepted without a completed form. All information and material must be provided in English. Please send the application form to the following email address:
- Please fill in all corresponding fields of application form
- in order to show us your latest film(s) please send them either as downloadable Link(s)
- 2 recommendation letters
- If exists please send us latest version of the draft – in English.
- For documentary films we do not expect any script, treatment will be sufficient.
Scholarships Official Web Links:
February 28, 2018