The Faculty of Education and Health Sciences at University of Limerick is offering NISE and HRI PhD Scholarships available for 2018/19 registration. The successful candidate and their supervisory team will be expected to participate in scholarly activities related to the relevant Institute.
The University of Limerick (UL) is a university in Limerick, Ireland. Founded in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education, Limerick, it became a university in 1989 in accordance with the University of Limerick Act 1989. It has over 11,000 full-time undergraduate students, including over 2,400 international students, and 1,500 part-time students. There are over 800 research postgraduates and 1,300 postgraduate students receiving instruction at the university. Its co-operative education (“co-op”) programme gives all students an eight-month work placement as part of their degree, Ireland’s first such programme.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
We welcome applications for the projects below which are based on our interdisciplinary research themes.
HRI Research Themes
- Lifestyle and Health
- Health Services Delivery
- Technology Enhanced Health
- Public Patient Involvement* (*Crosscutting theme)
NISE Research Themes
- Wellbeing, Inclusion and Social Justice
- STEM Education
- Education Leadership and Policy
- Teaching and Teacher Education
The scholarships are for new PT or FT entrants and will cover fees and an annual pro rata stipend of €10000.
Available to EU as well as Non-EU students.
- Six scholarships will be available for 2018/19 registration.
- Scholarshipcan be taken in The University of Limerick (UL) in Ireland.
In order to be eligible for the PhD scholarship, you should fulfil all of the following criteria:
- First class undergraduate or master’s degree in relevant discipline to each topic from a recognised higher education institution.
- Not yet registered for PhD elsewhere.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Applications can be completed by clicking the link here by Thursday 21st of June at 5pm. Please upload your CV to the system.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
June 21, 2018.