- Neapolis University Scholarships for BSc in Civil Engineering for International Students, 2019
- 5 Marie Curie PhD Fellowships in Strategic Management in Netherlands, 2019
- University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarship for International Students, 2019
- DAAD-GSSP Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2018
- Master Scholarships in Cultural Sustainability at University of Maiduguri in Nigeria, 2018
- Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship in Australia, 2018
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2018-19
- ADA Early Summer School PhD Scholarships (EDP) in South Africa, 2019
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships for UK/EU Students in UK, 2019
- Fully Funded Faraday Institution PhD Research Studentship at Newcastle University, 2019
Oslo Metropolitan University PhD Fellowships in Computer Science, 2018
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is inviting applications for 2 PhD fellowships in Computer science to study in Norway. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University (former HiOA) is Norway’s third largest university, with more than 20,000 students and over 2000 employees. The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design.
In order to be eligible applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Fellowships are awarded in the field of Computer Science. Area of Research is Modeling and implementation of self-organising computing systems based on biological and artificial neural networks, and nanomagnetic systems.
Salary is set in accordance with the Norwegian State Salary Scale, position code 1017 NOK 432 700-466 100. By law, 2% of the salary is deducted as to the Norwegian State Pension Fund. The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy that the national labour force should to the greatest possible extent reflect the diversity of the population. Therefore, we encourage qualified candidates with the immigrant background or reduced functional ability to apply for this position.
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant field with 120 ECTS or equivalent with an average grade of A (best grade) or B within a scale of A-E passing of grades, and Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with an average grade of C or higher.
- Some knowledge/experience in one or more of the following topics: artificial life, artificial intelligence, complex systems, bio-inspired methods.
- High motivation for the research work described above.
- Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Proficiency in programming in Python and other languages such as C++.
- Knowledge of artificial neural networks and machine learning frameworks (for example TensorFlow, Keras, or others) will be beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, plan and direct own work, and be goal-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in publishing academic works.
- Good pedagogical skills (both teaching and supervising) and an interest to further develop as an educator.
Applying procedure Instructions:
You must upload the following documents together with your online application by the final date for the application:
- Application letter, CV and copies of diplomas/certificates and transcripts.
- Any publications you wish to be considered (maximum 3), as well as a full list of publications.
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
- Applicants from non-European countries where English is not the official language must present an official language test report. The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are: