The Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Sustainable sourcing of agricultural commodities, spill-over effects and global-local relations commencing 01.03.2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University. The university has 23,473 undergraduate students, 17,398 postgraduate students, 2,968 doctoral students and over 9,000 employees.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programs.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded at the Centre for Advanced Studies in Biomedical Innovation Law (CeBIL), Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen.
- One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark.
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 322,642 (approx. €43,015) including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 44,567). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills. Applicants must be able to teach at an academic level in Danish or English and to follow PhD courses in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 4, 2019.