- Neapolis University Scholarships for BSc in Civil Engineering for International Students, 2019
- 5 Marie Curie PhD Fellowships in Strategic Management in Netherlands, 2019
- University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarship for International Students, 2019
- DAAD-GSSP Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2018
- Master Scholarships in Cultural Sustainability at University of Maiduguri in Nigeria, 2018
- Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship in Australia, 2018
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2018-19
- ADA Early Summer School PhD Scholarships (EDP) in South Africa, 2019
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships for UK/EU Students in UK, 2019
- Fully Funded Faraday Institution PhD Research Studentship at Newcastle University, 2019
PhD Position in Modelling of Crustal Stress at GFZ in Germany, 2018
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national research centre for Earth sciences in Germany. With 1260 employees, the GFZ is conducting interdisciplinary research on the “System Earth” and the influence of humans on the planet. As a member of the Helmholtz Association, it is part of Germany’s largest science organization.
Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field of Study:
Modelling of crustal stress
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- The pay scale grouping will be into pay group EG 13 TVöD-Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost) provided that all tariff related, professional and personal requirements are met.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Geophysics or Physics (or equivalent) is mandatory
- experience in numerical simulation tools and programming skills (e.g. Python or C/C++) are of advantage
- business fluent in German and fluent in English is essential
English Language Requirements:
Business fluent in German and fluent in English is essential.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: To start your application, you need to register as an applicant. If you are already registered please use the login form.
Your proposal should be linked to one of the program topics within the GFZs research environment. You need at least the support of two GFZ sections ensuring interdisciplinary of your proposed research. The proposal (max. 6 pages) focusing on innovation and interdisciplinary is the core of your application. It is complemented by a CV (max. 2 pages) and letters of support of at least two section heads from GFZ.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
23rd July 2018.