Scholarships: Applicants are invited for PhD Position to conduct her/his research in the field of urbanization modelling with the aim of projecting urban land cover and urban population in high resolution on the global scale. The position support PhD students with the aim of projecting urban land cover and urban population in high resolution on the global scale.
Host College/University: The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) is a German government-funded research institute addressing crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts, and sustainable development. Ranked among the top environmental think tanks worldwide. It is a member of the Leibniz Association, whose institutions perform research on subjects of high relevance to society.
Degree level/ Field of Study: Position is available for PhD programme.
Available Subject: Position is awarded to conduct her/his research in the field of urbanization modelling.
- Scholarship Award: The position will offer the following:
An inspiring, international, and interdisciplinary work environment in one of the world’s leading research institutes on climate change.
- Cutting-edge science and research excellence.
- High-impact of your own research through publications in renowned international journals.
- Participation in an interdisciplinary project consortium.
- Guidance and supervision during the PhD phase.
Nationalities: Germany student are eligible to apply for the position.
- Applicants must have a Master degree in Geo-ecology/Geo-sciences/Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields.
- Applicants must have good communications skills and are fluent in oral and written English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Application documents should comprise a letter of motivation, a CV, relevant certificates, and a short sample of your work [e.g. term paper, the section of the thesis or journal publication (ca. 2-5 pages)]. Interviews will be held from January 15th, 2018 onwards.
- Please send your documents by email as a single PDF (not more than 15MB).
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: January 7, 2018