Scholarships: The Institute for Neuroscience and Medicine (INM) at the Forschungszentrum Jülich now wishes to invite applicants for its PhD positions in Nuclear Chemistry to investigates the structure and function of the normal brain as well as neurological or psychiatric disorders. The position is exclusively open for German applicants.
The INM conducts translational research with the aim of developing novel procedures for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
Host College/University: Forschungszentrum Jülich (“Jülich Research Centre”) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres and is one of the largest interdisciplinary research centres in Europe.
Degree level: Positions are available for PhD programme.
Field of Study: Positions are awarded in the field of Nuclear Chemistry.
Scholarship Benefits: Positions will cover the following:
- International, the interdisciplinary working environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen.
- Excellent scientific and technical infrastructure with its own cyclotron
- Optimal conditions for a successful and timely Promotion
- Participation in national and international meetings
- A comprehensive further training programme
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and family life
- Limited Position for 3 years
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD). Depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks, salary grade 13 (50%) TVöD-Bund.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Nationalities: Applicants from Germany are eligible to apply for the position.
- Applicants must have a University degree in Chemistry.
- Applicants must have good skills in spoken and written English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
- Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.
- We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
- We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our online recruitment system on our career site until 04.02.2018,
Scholarships Official Web Links:
Scholarship Deadline: February 4, 2018.